According to the Hydrometeorological Center of Russia and All-Russian Research Institute of Civil Defense and Emergencies (FC), on 9 February 2020, there is a possibility of disruption of energy facilities, communications, housing, livelihoods, work of all types of transport in the Siberian Federal District (the Altai Republic and the Republic of Khakassia, the Altai Territory, the Southern part of central districts and southern districtsnof the Krasnoyarsk Territory) (the emergency is caused by: strengthening of a wind to 25 m/s, in the highlands to 35 m/s, precipitation in the form of heavy snow, rolling in the wet snow, icing phenomena).
The EMERCOM of Russia recommends that you know and follow General measures of safe behavior:
when it's strong wind:
- close the windows, when you are at home;
- try not to approach trees, as well as a variety of high-risk structures (bridges, overpasses, pipelines, power lines), when you are on the street;
- avoid billboards, dilapidated buildings and easily erected structures.
when it's snow and there is an ice ground surface, it's recommended to pedestrians and drivers:
- if it's possible, limit travel by private vehicle. Use winter tires. Use seat belts, observe a safe distance, maneuvering rules, do not exceed the speed limit, turn on low-beam headlights or fog lights;
- if there are snow roll and an ice ground surface on a slippery road, it is better to avoid sharp maneuvers and overtaking. When driving on the rise, choose such a gear that you do not have to switch until the full completion of the climb. During the descent, do not press the clutch pedal, when driving a car at speed, brake smoothly;
- do not brake sharply on a slippery road, it is not only useless, but also dangerous. Sudden braking causes the wheels to lock and increase the braking distance, and most often the car becomes unmanageable. When driving through a dangerous area, try to keep the speed constant, use the accelerator pedal very carefully, smoothly, gently. Don't make any sudden movements;
- when driving on bridges and overpasses, be especially careful. Ice flooring on these sections of the road appears earlier than elsewhere, and disappears later. In these areas, avoid sudden movements of the steering wheel, gas, and brake;
- don't forget about pedestrians. People who cross the road may slip and fall. Try not to frighten the pedestrian with sharp sound and light signals. When approaching pedestrian crossings and places where children's institutions are located, reduce the speed to a minimum;
- pedestrians, do not exit abruptly on the roadway in front of close-coming traffic. Make sure that the driver sees you and has the opportunity to stop. Cross the road in the designated areas, in places where the road is clearly visible in both directions. In the dark, identify yourself with reflective clothing elements.
Be careful and careful!