NATIONAL CRISIS MANAGEMENT CENTER
As of 06:00 AM, Moscow time, 17.03.2017
Over the past 24 hours the National Crisis Management Center of the Russian Emergencies Ministry organized work to ensure functioning of control bodies, managing their forces and facilities as part of crisis management system on all the levels of the Single State Disaster Management System.
Work was organized to put out 265 man-caused fires, respond to 177 traffic accidents and 3 accidents on waterways, find and defuse 6 explosive objects, including 3 aerial bombs, provide psychological aid on 31 occasions.
Measures were taken to mitigate:
- A fire in a detached 2-floor house and in a shop in the city of Sochi;
- Traffic accidents: involving a tour bus in Vyborg District, Leningrad Region; involving a minibus and a car in Shakhovskaya District, Moscow Region; involving 4 cars in Chertanovo Yuzhnoye District, Moscow;
- A break-away ice floe with 3 fishermen on it in the Volga River in Kalininsky District, Tver Region;
- A gas explosion in a gas boiler room in the warehouse of a transport company in Novosibirsk Region;
- An avalanche on Uzug-Kyry mountain in Bai-Taiginsky District, Tuva.
Since 15 March – monitoring of air in the city of Omsk;
Spring flooding in the Russian Federation.
The information has been provided by the National Crisis Management Center of the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry